The best websites in my opinion are usually a combination of utility, function, and entertainment – InstantWatcher.com somehow manages to be all three. It’s a simple
site idea that lets Netflix users find instantly available movies better then you can on Netflix itself. The result?
- Doesn’t rely on paid traffic
- Doesn’t rely on Google SEO traffic
- The users do the bulk of the link building and drive new traffic/referrals
- Attracts lots of organic links and publicity due to being genuinely useful
- Enjoys lots of repeat visitors
In case you haven’t figured it out, InstantWatcher monetizes through the Netflix affiliate program. By offering value upfront and helping people find titles that are available for streaming, InstantWatcher is able to attract lots of traffic, links, and users. And those who don’t have a Netflix subscription naturally sign up through its affiliate link.
InstantWatcher uses a few separate API‘s to create one hell of a useful website.
- Netflix API – Filters titles available for instant streaming
- IMDB – Pulls in information about the movie
- NYTimes Review API – Pulls in reviews wherever possible
- Google AJAX Search AP – Pull in relevant Youtube trailers and clips
It’s Built for Users, Not Search Engines
A site like InstantWatcher doesn’t even need Google. If Google were to disappear tomorrow, it wouldn’t even matter. People find out about InstantWatcher because people use it and share it – because it’s genuinely useful and awesome. 100% viral growth.
Have you seen any awesome affiliate sites worth mentioning? If so, leave a comment!
P.S. Check out my recommended tool:
Easiest A/B Testing & Funnel Tracking Software
Run Unlimited A/B Split Tests On Unlimited Domains, Easily Track Conversions Across Your ENTIRE Sales Funnel, Track How Well Each Of Your Traffic Source Converts On Your Funnel...
...and get it all done in 3 minutes FLAT!